8/25/09

Brain Surgery

BRAIN SURGERY:
In July I had a terrible, and I mean terrible headache that lasted 14 days, and which caused me to even throw up several times. After visiting the Doc. who ordered an MRI, I was diagnosised with a Meningioma (a benign braing tumor attached to the outside of the frontal right lobe of my brain.) I was quickly scheduled for surgery, had a horrible ICU stay (where there was no central air during a very hot week.) My mother spent one evening draping wet wash clothes on me and then graciously bought be a portable fan for my ICU room. After my 5 day stay in the hospital with grandparents and Matt and Holly caringfor my girls, I returned home. I spent a week sleeping and recovering in my parent's RV and in my bedroom. Much of that week is a fog now. I had a terrible reaction to my anti-seizure medication, which when discontinued, my recovery was quickened dramatically. After two weeks I was about myself, and my in-laws visited for 3 weeks, and helped me entertain my girls while Dean headed back to work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: