12/25/08

Teya is Eating solids!

 

 

 


We are excited to announce that Miss Teya is enjoying her new found love of solid food. She has perfected the art of eating rice cereal, bananas, and sweet potatoes. I am thrilled to be able to use my Vita-Mix (the machine I use to blenderize Maya's food, so that real food can go through her tummy tube...Maya does not tolerate formula nearly as well), for Teya as well. It really is easy for me to make a batch of baby food and freeze it and then pull out a cube or two for Teya to eat! Every now and again I can even sneak a taste of baby food into Maya's mouth. It is such a miracle, that MOST children just figure out eating orally like it is no big deal, when it really is a VERY complex skill...for Maya we still hope an pray she will aquire this skill when it is safe for her to do so.In the mean time, Maya has two little oral eaters to watch each day and hopefully motivate her to join them...Go Teya and Addy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: