10/9/07

ENT visit

Maya went to Children's today to visit her ENT. Her secretions seem to have been worsened by her previous surgery, and both the ENT as well as our family has been greatly dissappointed. Unfortuately, there are no clear answers as to why. Maya was scoped through her nose into her airway (not a fun procedure at all), and her surgery has healed nicely. In a month we will return to Children's for a Swallow study and another ENT appointment to determine if her swallow is safe enough to get her trach removed. I must say my overall feelings were not positive today, partly because it was also VERY challenging to have a one year old with you during an appointment where you are in a tiny office with lots of "fun-looking" equipment. Not to mention the one year old that was weary, hungry and clingy during an aweful, scary looking procedure that I had to (along with 3 doctors) hold Maya down for. I had two VERY unhappy campers by the end of the procedure, and I was MOST definitely ready to go home. I think Addy has seen her LAST visit to Children's for awhile.., Anyone want to babysit her???

No comments: